WHERE: Seneca Falls Community Center
TIME: Contact the SFCC for details
The Commission advises the Town Board on the administration of the recreation programs of the Town of Seneca Falls and to:
- To maintain parklands, playing fields and playgrounds.
- To issue and recommend park facility permits.
- To formulate and make recommendations for basic policy with respect to the parks and recreation programs of the Town.
- To develop and recommend long-range plans for acquisition of land for park purposes.
- To recommend plans for facility development in conjunction with the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation, which must be approved by the Town Board.
- To formulate a capital projects plan in conjunction with the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation, which in turn must be approved by the Town Board.
- To formulate a yearly operating budget in conjunction with the Commissioner of Parks and Recreation and approved by the Town Board.
- To regulate user fees and charges in regard to parks and recreation.
- To make recommendations upon any proposed sale or purchase of parklands.
- To hire part-time help to assist in the operation and of the parks and recreation facilities of the Town of Seneca Falls.
The Recreation and Parks Commission’s consists of seven members and two alternate members, who shall be residents of the Town of Seneca Falls, to be appointed by the Town Board and shall be selected with an emphasis on a demonstrated interest in parks, recreation, youth service or related areas and should be individuals of diverse backgrounds from different areas of the Town.
Seneca Falls Community Center & Parks Commission
Seneca Falls Recreation Boosters
|David Baker||Vice President|