Skip to content

Code Enforcement

About Our Department

The Code Enforcement Office, in accordance with Subdivision 3 of § 20 of the Municipal Home Rule Law, the local laws, ordinances and certain resolutions of the Town of Seneca Falls and the former Village of Seneca Falls, as codified by General Code, and consisting of Chapters 1 through 300, together with an Appendix, shall be known collectively as the “Code of the Town of Seneca Falls,” hereafter termed the “Code.”

The Code Enforcement Office is responsible for issuing permits, answering complaints for housing code violations and work being done without permits, referring to and accepting applications for Heritage Preservation Commission, Planning Board & Zoning Board of Appeals.


Submissions for an Area Variance, Use Variance, Minor Subdivision, Major Subdivision, Site Plan and Special Use Permit must be made via postal mail or in-person, with the required documentation as outlined in the Town Code, in multiple copies of (11), and accompanied by the applicable fees. Complete applications must be submitted by the required deadline to be considered for review at the scheduled monthly meeting of the Planning or Zoning Board of Appeals.

Zoning Permits

You can submit your zoning permit applications and insurance via email to, through the mail or in-person at the Code Enforcement office. Please allow 2-10 business days for processing. You may not start work before the Zoning Permit is issued!

It is the responsibility of the property owner or their representative to submit complete zoning forms with any necessary supporting documentation and the applicable fee at the time of filing. In addition, the property owner or their representative is responsible for contacting the Seneca County Code Enforcement office regarding any Building & Fire Code requirements for the intended scope of work.


Whenever a violation of the zoning code occurs, any person may file a complaint in regard to the alleged violation. All such complaints must be in writing and shall be filed with the Zoning Officer, who shall properly record such complaint and carry out an investigation.


Application & Zoning Permit fees may be remitted in cash or check. Checks can be made payable to “Town of Seneca Falls”. We do not accept credit cards at this time.

Staff Contacts

Peter PorcelliZoning & Code Enforcement Officer(315) 568-8013 – Option 4
Kim RosePart-time Zoning Officer(315) 568-8013 – Option 4