The 2022 NYS CANAL SEASON is scheduled to close on October 12, 2022. The Canal Corporation urges all users to register to receive updates through the “Notice to Mariners” notification program at www.canals.ny.gov.
The Seneca Falls Harbor is home to Canal Fest and cloaked in history. Are you traveling the Cayuga-Seneca Canal and planning to stop in downtown Seneca Falls- The Seneca Falls Heritage & Tourism Center located downtown at 89 Fall Street offers boater amenities:
All docking is located canal-side in the downtown harbor off water street.
- Please register at the Seneca Falls Heritage & Tourism Center, 89 Fall Street, Seneca Falls. The center is located at ground level adjacent to the harbor.
- A permit is not required – Advance reservations are not required
- Docking is free, first come-first serve
- Free 48 hour hook-up at north and south sides of the canal
- Boaters must leave or move their boat after the 48 hour stay
- Please be considerate of others and have an enjoyable stay – Experience Seneca Falls!
Note: Issues with hook-ups should be directed to the Seneca Falls Community Center.
Boater’s amenities are available in the heritage & tourism center building at ground/canal level:
- Restrooms & Showers at no charge
- Laundry facility offers Washers & Dryers – $2.50 per each load
Seneca Falls Heritage & Tourism Center: 89 Fall Street (ground level at canalside), Tel: 315-568-1510
Hours of Operation during Canal Season (May to October)
Monday thru Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Seneca Falls Community Center: 35 Water Street (west of the bridge at canalside), Tel: 315-568-6933
Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Town of Seneca Falls Municipal Building: 130 Ovid Street, Tel: 315-568-8013
Land Emergencies: Call 9-1-1
Canal Emergencies: Call the Canal Corporation Emergency Call Center at: (833) 538-1042.
Cayuga-Seneca Canal Information
Locks are open May thru September from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. From Labor Day to the end of navigation season, the locks are open from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Lock #1: Cayuga/Mud Lock (315) 253-7523
- Locks #2 & 3: Seneca Falls (315) 568-5797
- Lock #4: Waterloo (315) 539-3242
Note: Lock Masters monitor VHF Channel 13 (156.650 MHz)
Erie Canal National Heritage Corridor
What is the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor?
The U.S. Congress recognized the Erie Canal’s significance to our nation by establishing the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor in 2000. The Corridor spans 524 miles across the full expanse of the upstate New York. It includes the Erie, Cayuga-Seneca, Oswego, and Champlain Canals and their historic alignments. The Corridor encompasses 4,834 square miles in 23 counties and is home to 3.2 million people.
The Seneca Falls Harbor lies within the Cayuga-Seneca Canal and the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor.
The Seneca Museum of Waterways & Industry, housed within the Seneca Falls Heritage & Visitor Center, participates in the PASSPORT TO YOUR NATIONAL PARKS© PROGRAM.