Skip to content

Welcome New Residents

Welcome New Residents to Seneca Falls! We are so glad you chose historic Seneca Falls as your new home and we are excited for you and your family to become a part of our community. As you settle in, we have provided a list of services to help you get connected, stay in touch, and make plans. We also invite you to experience our parks, revitalizing downtown and events held throughout the year. Please contact us with any questions as we look forward to serving you. Again, welcome to Seneca Falls, we’ve been waiting for you.

Reference Guide for New Residents

Seneca Falls Municipal Building
130 Ovid Street
(315) 568-8013Seneca Falls Central School District
98 Clinton Street
(315) 568-5500
Town Supervisor
Frank Schmitter
(315) 568-0940Seneca Falls Police
Timothy Snyder, Police Chief
130 Ovid Street
(315) 568-4850
Seneca Falls Town Court(315) 568-9234Volunteer Fire Department
Allen Larsen, Fire Chief
43 West Bayard Street
(315) 568-2319
Debra VonWald
(315) 568-9700Utilities
Electric: NYSEG

(800) 572-1111
(800) 572-1111
(315) 568-6211
Highway Department
Jeremy Wendt, Superintendent
187 Ovid Street
(315) 568-6288Airports:
(585) 753-7000
(315) 454-4330
(716) 630-6000
Parks & Recreation Department
Missy Jones, Director
(315) 568-6933Train: Amtrak(585) 753-7000
Tax Receiver
Melissa Brown, Tax Receiver 
Linda Marzan, Deputy Tax Receiver
(315) 568-0967Seneca Falls Library
47 Cayuga Street
(315) 568-8625
Town Clerk
Melissa Brown
(315) 568-8013 – Option 1Vince’s Park & Pool
1608 Vince’s Park Drive
(315) 257-0387
(315) 568-6933

Most Common Questions

Who picks up household garbage? If you live in the former village, the Town contracts with Cardinal Disposal for collection. If you live outside of the former village, your garbage is collected by SMI. The Town Clerk’s office can assist you at (315) 568-8013, Option 1.

What do I do with recyclables? Seneca County Real Property Tax Office administers the recycling program. Blue bins can be picked up at their office. Please call (315) 539-1720.

Where do I put my leaves? The Town picks up leaves curbside twice a year. In between collections, residents may take their leaves to the Town Barn during operating hours.

How do I get a dog license? The Town Clerk’s office issues dog licenses. Please call (315) 568- 8013, Option 1.

Do I live in the Historic District? If you live in select areas of the former village, you may reside in a historic home. For more information, go to

How do I join Vince’s Pool? The Seneca Falls Community Center can assist you with memberships for the summer season. Please call (913) 568-6933.

How do I purchase a new Town garbage tote or replace one? If you live in the former village, and your tote is damaged, you can request a replacement. If you need an additional tote for your home, they may be purchased from the Town Clerk’s office. Please call (315) 568-8013, Option 1, with questions.  Residents outside the former Village must supply their own receptacles.

How do I rent a dumpster? The Town rents one-size only dumpsters to residents for removal of household items- exclusions apply.

Can I use the Community Center Fitness Room? All residents 18 or older may use the fitness room at no charge. Please call (315) 568-6933 for more information.